Re: tunnelMIB (RC2667) implementations and/or deployment

Given that the IPv6 WG took on the task of updating 2096, 2011,
2012, and 2013, we can support the draft if needed.  If that is
the direction, then I would think it is better for me as a chair
to refrain from directly editing the document.  If the choice is
to do it as an individual submission, I will help, but don't have
the cycles to be primary editor.

Regards,
Brian

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

Bert> I'd be interested to hear about implementations and/or
Bert> deployment of the tunnelMIB as defined in RFC2667.

Sorry for the late response, but this recently popped back into memory.

I'm coordinating with a number of vendors that need functionality
mostly like what is in the tunnel mib (specifically monitoring of the
endpoints, not so much configuration like Frank is doing).  However,
the show stopper for them using this mib is that it's IPv4 only.

I'd be willing to help bring it to IPv6 compliance, but it would
require re-rooting it (obviously) and republishing as proposed.

Thoughts?

Well... did I now see 3 volunteers to work on this:

Wes, Brian, Dave (Thaler) ????

Why don't you guys get going with an initial draft?

It seems that RFC2667 was not done in a WG to begin with,
was it?

Bert