Re: tunnelMIB (RC2667) implementations and/or deployment

Hi!

Bert> I'd be interested to hear about implementations and/or
Bert> deployment of the tunnelMIB as defined in RFC2667.

Some time ago, I've done a partial implementation (excl. the
tunnelConfigTable) for the NET-SNMP agent (focusing on the Linux
platform). It is part of the official NET-SNMP distribution.

I had a concern about the MIB design, which does not allow SET
operations on two objects (tunnelIfLocalAddress and
tunnelIfRemoteAddress) that IMHO should be writeable to allow
(re)configuring tunnel endpoints.

I'm actively using SNMPv3 and SET operations on these objects to
reconfigure my tunnel endpoint which changes daily due to dynamic IP
addresses assigned by my DSL provider. For that reason, I
intentionally did implement these read-only objects in a read-write
fashion.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/net-snmp/net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/tunnel/tunnel.c?rev=5.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

 -frank