[802.1] MIB definitions for Link Aggregation

Can anyone help with an answer to this question please?

Les...

---------------------- Forwarded by Les Bell/GB/3Com on 14/05/2003 10:45
---------------------------

"Murali K. Vemuri" <mkvemuri@rediffmail.com> on 14/05/2003 07:25:13

Please respond to "Murali K. Vemuri" <mkvemuri@rediffmail.com>

Sent by:  "Murali K. Vemuri" <mkvemuri@rediffmail.com>

To:   stds-802-1@ieee.org
cc:   stds-802-3-trunking@majordomo.ieee.org (Les Bell/GB/3Com)
Subject:  [802.1] MIB definitions for Link Aggregation

Hello list,

I have a doubt about the MIB recommonded in IEEE 802.3, 2000
appendix
30C SNMP MIB DEFINITIONS for LINK AGGREGATION.

I copy-pasted the relevant information here for your reference.
    lagMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
       LAST-UPDATED "9911220000Z"
       ORGANIZATION "IEEE 802.3ad Working Group"
       CONTACT-INFO
          "stds-802-3-trunking@majordomo.ieee.org"
       DESCRIPTION
          "The Link Aggregation module for managing IEEE
802.3ad."
       ::={iso member-body(2) us(840) 802dot3(10006)
snmpmibs(300)
           linkagg(43)}

    lagMIBObjects OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::={lagMIB 1 }

I understand that "iso member-body(2) us(840) 802dot3(10006)
snmpmibs(300) linkagg(43)" is for Link Aggregation.

In that case, the "lagMIB MODULE-IDENTITY" should be having ".1"
suffixed to the OID of the protocol.

the relevant portion in the mib does not reflect this.

I am not sure how i can use this directly using the
moduleIDENTITY

also, i am not sure if the document is updated in the recent past
and this descripancy is corrected.

please let me know whether it is correct to suffix ".1" for the
standard normative mib defition and use.

thanks and regards
Murali Krishna Vemuri

Get www. mycompany .com and 5 matching email ids.
Just Rs. 1499/ year.