Re: Some additional obscure questions...

INDEX objects in general (even if they are not from different tables) are
just as forward-referencing-required, and less contrived, than the below
example.  Either the row forward-references the INDEX objects or the INDEX
objects forward-reference the row's OID.  Usually, anyway.  I haven't seen
any MIBs that define columnar objects with OIDs as { tableObject 1 xxx }.
Common usage is { rowObject xxx }.

Less likely an issue than forward references in OID values assigned to
macro invocations and the like, though, since common usage is to specify
identifiers and not multi-component OID values for such things as INDEX.
Most compilers only deal with identifiers and can then just use a hash
table or other simple linear indexing scheme.  Forward references in OID
values that are actually assigned to things are harder.

--
Michael Kirkham
www.muonics.com