draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-00.txt

I am an editor of one draft that is relevant to the mpls WG:
draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-00.txt. I am in the process of resubmitting a
new version of this document sometime this week. I will post it as
draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-01.txt.

NAME OF I-D:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-00.txt
or
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-01.txt

SUMMARY:

This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management Informa-
tion Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the
Internet community. In particular, it describes managed objects for
modeling link bundling.

RELATED DOCUMENTS

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04
.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2328.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lmp-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dubuc-lmp-mib-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2578.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2579.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2580.txt

WHERE DOES IT FIT IN THE PICTURE OF THE SUB-IP WORK

  Applications         +-------+  +-------+        (new) Hour glass
  that use CCAMP: \    | TE-WG |  | PPVPN |  ...           /
                   \   +-------+  +-------+               /
                    \     +----------------------+       /
                     \    |         CCAMP        |      /
                      \   |-----------+----------|     /
                      /   |   C       |    M   --|------ Link Bundling MIB
                     /    | control   | measure  |     \
                    /     +----------------------+      \
  Technologies to  / +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+  \
  measure/control:/  |MPLS| |OPT | |RPR | |ATM | | FR |...\
                     +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+

WHY IS IT TARGETED AT THIS WG

The link bundling for MPLS traffic engineering has been accepted as a MPLS
working group document in IETF-50. The Link Bundling MIB models the
information described in the link bundling for MPLS traffic engineering
draft.

JUSTIFICATION

We think it is justified for the MPLS working group to consider this
document because Link Bundling MIB provides the capability to provision and
monitor the link properties of equipments that support link bundling both in
signaling and in distribution of network resources properties in existing
routing protocol. Link Bundling MIB can be used to model the set of
protocol-independent metrics and parameters for describing links that can be
carried in protocols. It also models the abstract link properties needed for
link protection.

Martin Dubuc
edgeflow Inc.