ccamp draft-dubuc-lmp-mib-01.txt

I am an editor of one draft that is relevant to ccamp:
draft-dubuc-lmp-mib-01.txt. This draft has been voted a ccamp working
document last IETF (IETF-50). I am in the process of resubmitting a new
version of this document sometime this week. I will post it as
draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-mib-00.txt.

NAME OF I-D:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dubuc-lmp-mib-01.txt

SUMMARY:

This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management Informa-
tion Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the
Internet community. In particular, it describes managed objects for
modeling the Link Management Protocol (LMP).

RELATED DOCUMENTS

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lmp-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04
.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2328.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dubuc-mpls-bundle-mib-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2578.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2579.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2580.txt

WHERE DOES IT FIT IN THE PICTURE OF THE SUB-IP WORK

  Applications         +-------+  +-------+        (new) Hour glass
  that use CCAMP: \    | TE-WG |  | PPVPN |  ...           /
                   \   +-------+  +-------+               /
                    \     +----------------------+       /
                     \    |         CCAMP        |      /
                      \   |-----------+----------|     /
                      /   |   C       |    M   --|------ LMP MIB
                     /    | control   | measure  |     \
                    /     +----------------------+      \
  Technologies to  / +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+  \
  measure/control:/  |MPLS| |OPT | |RPR | |ATM | | FR |...\
                     +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+

WHY IS IT TARGETED AT THIS WG

The following CCAMP WG tasks are addressed by LMP MIB:

- Define a set of protocol-independent metrics and parameters for describing
links that can be carried in protocols.

- Abstract link properties needed for link protection.

- Define the properties of network resources gathered by the measurement
protocol that can be distributed in existing routing protocols, such as OSPF
and IS-IS.

JUSTIFICATION

We think it is justified for the CCAMP working group to consider this
document because LMP MIB provides the capability to provision and monitor
the link properties of equipments that implement LMP as a measurement
protocol independent to signaling that can distribute network resources
properties in existing routing protocol. LMP MIB can be used to model the
set of protocol-independent metrics and parameters defined in LMP for
describing links that can be carried in protocols. It also models the
abstract link properties needed for link protection.

Martin Dubuc
edgeflow Inc.