Re: [idn] Newbie's questions implementing the [IDNA]

William Blackwood <wblackwo@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Do you have any estimate when the RFC is going to be published?

I don't.  It's now in the hands of the RFC editor.  People with more
IETF experience than I have might be able to guess how long it will
take.

> How far behind, in terms of calendar months/years is this working
> group's output according to the original schedule?

I joined the working group after it was already a year old, so I'm not
sure I ever saw the original schedule.  The only schedule I can find now
is shown here:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idn-charter.html

It gives 2001-Jun as the goal for working group last call (which
actually happened in 2002-Jan).  The schedule gives no goals for IESG
approval (which happened in 2002-Oct) or RFC publication (which has yet
to happen).

AMC