Re: [idn] Newbie's questions implementing the [IDNA]

Soobok Lee <lsb@postel.co.kr> wrote:

> > The output of ToUnicode can contain unnameprepped, prohibited, and
> > unassigned code points.  Simply feed such a string as input to
> > ToUnicode, and the string will be output unaltered by ToUnicode.
>
> right. IDNA states that such outputs should not be displayed as native
> ones, but just as ASCII ones as it is. "must not" is meant for that.
> I think it is clear enough in drafts.

I don't know what you could be referring to.  Suppose X is a string
consisting entirely of uppercase Greek letters.  X is not nameprepped,
because nameprepped things don't contain uppercase.  X contains no ASCII
characters.  ToUnicode(X) equals X, exactly, which means it is perfectly
acceptable to display X.

AMC