Re: [idn] Re: idn-uri document

Hello Steve,
(B
(BIn an URI, *.example.org (e.g. http://*.example.org) is very
(Bclearly illegal.
(B
(BAlso, I don't think it's a bad idea that a group that decides on the
(Bsyntax of a new protocol element give some thoughts about where the
(Brules should be checked, and where not, in order to assure consistent
(Bdeployment. The restrictions on domain names given by IDNA/nameprep/
(Bstringprep are not in any sense policy issues, they are very clearly
(Btechnical issues.
(B
(BRegards, Martin.
(B