Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-jseng-idn-admin-01.txt

> Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 10:55:08 AM, you wrote:
> Mark> Would there be any way to get the policy on the format of internet
drafts to
> Mark> be amended to allow UTF-8? It is pretty painful trying to read documents
> Mark> when the actual characters cannot be used.
>
> It has always been difficult to be limited to ascii data.  And the problem
> is discussed every few years.
>
> What open standard, for representing non-ascii data, would you recommend?

I thought it was obvious that he was recommending UTF-8.
Or if you prefer:

RFC 2279 (or the follow-on of that that François Yergeau is working on)
which is presumably what the other IETF recommendations about
use of UTF-8 in protocols is based on...

or

ISO/IEC 10646-1:2000 and ISO/IEC 10646-2:2001

or

The Unicode Standard, Version 3.2

--Ken