Re: [idn] Document Status?

At 10:37 AM 9/7/2002 +0200, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> This is a picture of the IDNA model:

Hmm - I wonder if putting that picture in the draft would result in
less confusion.
I kept looking at that picture and stayed confused. Until this morning when I finally realized that that the picture is exactly correct.

In other words, the process of resolving the confusion is exactly what the picture is good for.

It does not show a connection between the outer-most box and the inner-most box, but a) it's not clear how to create one usefully, and b) it is not essential for showing the difference between the name space and the encoding space.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850