Re: [idn] IDNA: is the specification proper, adequate,and complete? (was: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt)

--On Saturday, 22 June, 2002 12:39 -0700 Dave Crocker
<dhc@dcrocker.net> wrote:

> For that matter, I suspect most TLD registries neither know nor
> care about the technical details of UTF-8 vs. ACE, or the like.
> They merely want a functioning, standard, interoperable IDN.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but most users of applications
and the data associated with TLD registries neither know nor care
whether the get their "functioning, standard, interoperable
'IDN'" in the DNS or somewhere else entirely, just so long as the
mechanism meets they needs and is "functioning, standard, and
interoperable".

    john