Re: [idn] Re: IDNA: is the specification proper, adequate, andcomplete?

Soobok said:

Copy&Paste operations from such legacy applications into other applications
may not preserve the intended character glyph informations determined by char sets+font sets.
That will pose another interoperablility problems to end users.
Soobok:

IMP, inoperable problems to end users will happen regardless of what the IDN does. Copy&Paste operations (legacy or otherwise) are not uniform across platforms and nothing this WG (or any WG) does will fix that.

However, Copy&Paste operations (at least in the Macintosh) are becoming much more complex than they were and what they would appear. While the specifics of what is evolving in the Copy&Paste world is beyond the interest of this WG, I foresee an end user OS software solution to your concerns. I do not expect this WG providing (or even having the means to provide) a solution to that problem.

tedd

--
http://sperling.com