Re: [idn] IDNA: is the specification proper, adequate,and complete? (was: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt)

It seems to me that we err if we mix "finding" identifiers
(with search engines, elaborate directories that offer multiple
choices of IDNs based on imprecise search criteria) with
resolving unambiguous identifiers into their respective IP addresses
(speaking roughly since DNS also offers indirect resolutions such as
MX, CNAME and so on).

I think we do ourselves a disservice if we try to make DNS resolve
ambiguous references - it is not designed for such applications;
search engines and directory structures are more oriented towards
that aspect of finding things "by name" on the Internet.

Vint