Re: [idn] IDNA: is the specification proper, adequate, and complete? (was: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt)

At 10:55 AM 6/16/2002 +0800, James Seng wrote:
I think the discussion of IETF history, experience and best practice should
be bought to another list (poised?) or offline, despite the education value.
Given we are in the last stage of the wg, I dont think we have too many
newcomers lately.
James,

Please review the context of the historical comment. I was responding to an apparent suggestion that this working group delay publishing the current work until it completed additional work that had not yet started. So, the reference to history was solely for suggesting guidance in the current IDN working group circumstance.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850