Re: [idn] IDNA applicability: per RR/Class or DNS-wide

on 6/11/2002 5:00 PM Adam M. Costello said the following:
> John C Klensin <klensin@jck.com> wrote:

> Different validity rules is not at all the same thing as different
> profiles.  The profile is mainly about how labels are compared.  In
> DNS now, the same comparison rules apply to all labels.  If we allow
> multiple profiles, that's the same as allowing different comparison
> rules for different labels.

I have to disagree with this again. The comparison rules will be identical
for all profiles -- each of them comparing exact sequences of octets --
with the only difference being the capitalization and normalization rules
that get used to generate the question. That's it. The question formation
differs, comparison is identical.