Re: [idn] Re: CDNC Final Comments on Last call of IDN drafts

At 04:43 PM 6/8/2002 -0500, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>on 6/8/2002 4:00 PM Dave Crocker said the following:
> > the process has continued beyond achieving adequate rough consensus,
> > because the IETF has been heeding the concerns of a vocal minority of the
> > community, where most of the concerns of that vocal minority concern
> > technical issues that are outside of the scope of this working group.
>
>If that were true we wouldn't be up to rev 9 of the core draft.

9 revisions is not unusual.

It is also demonstrably true that one can keep revising a spec
forever.  Some working groups are very good at it.  On the other hand, they
are not very good at shipping a spec and getting it used.  It would be nice
for the IDN effort not to suffer that fate.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850