Re: [idn] rename ToUnicode?

Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> wrote:

> Why then not "ToACE" and "FromACE".

FromACE doesn't make sense because both operations accept *any* label as
input, not just ACE.

ToACE doesn't make sense because neither operation always outputs an
ACE.  ToASCII sometimes outputs an ACE, sometimes not, but it always
outputs ASCII, hence the name ToASCII.

I don't think there could be a better name for ToASCII than ToASCII, so
let's leave that one alone.

> "ToNonACE" feels like double negations, and those constructions are
> not easy for non-english native people (like myself).

Yeah, it is a little contorted.  That's why I first thought of UnACE.

UnACE is my favorite, but I would be content with any of ToNonACE,
UnACE, and ToUnicode.

AMC