Re: [idn] Editorial comments on stringprep

In the midst of some very well-thought-out comments, Erik Nordmark
<Erik.Nordmark@sun.com> wrote:

> Section 3.2 talks about the tradition of using lowercase
> but my understanding is also that there is a technical argument
> in that downcasing is more well-defined in Unicode than upcasing.
> Is this not the case? If so if would make sense to add that to
> the description of the motivation.

I can't think of anything that would lead to that impression, in Unicode
or anywhere else.  Uppercase, lowercase, and titlecase mapping are all
handled on a completely equal footing in Unicode.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California