Re: [idn] Genicode (read as Genie-code) vs Punycode

> thoughts anyone?

Yes. When discussion gets to the level of arguing over names of
something, it generally means the technical issues are either
resolved or unresolvable.

In this case, "fixing" the name punycode isn't worth the effort.
(By the way, I don't like it either.) It can just stay punycode
in the RFC. Feel free to market it however you want, but end users
shouldn't see or hear about it, anyway, since it is just
one step in the whole algorithm for IDNA.

I don't think that "Genicode" is any improvement. In fact, if
anything, I would prefer just ACE: Adam Costello Encoding. ;-)

--Ken