Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

I am definitely not the party to be satisfied here;-)...

I only jumped in to remind that the issues of IETF Message Bodies and
Message Headers are separate and very different, so that the history
of the "just send 8 bits" appeared to perhaps need some refreshment.

I think that Keith is talking along the same lines, but beyond what I
have said, I am not able to contribute more.

I have stopped doing IETF work since the Chicago IETF where I
finished my work with MHTML, and no longer had travel support for any
more IETF work.

And then I also retired, more or less, mostly.

So, having had my say for whatever it might have been worth,
I would just as soon be omitted from the rest of this discussion.

Cheers;-)...\Stef