Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:24:29 EST, "David Leung (Neteka Inc.)" said:
> That's right "Reply All" means the email program will "Reply All" for you,
> so why do you need to type the i18n email address by yourself with your
> keyboard!! : )

I don't need to *type* the Chinese address.

But if my MUA and MTA can't even *find* the Chinese address, that causes
much Very Bad JuJu.

> BTW, I am always seeing your email as an attachment... is this the same for
> other in the mailing list? If so Valdis can you please fix the way how you
> send out email first : >

RFC2440.  It's even a Proposed Standard.  If it's causing interoperability
problems, something probably needs to be done.  I suspect if the *main*
text/plain is being flagged as an attachment, your MUA doesn't have even
minimal support for RFC1847 multipart/signed and is downgrading to
multipart/mixed.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer