Re: Fw: [idn] URL encoding in html page

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:51:02 EST, "David Leung (Neteka Inc.)" <david@neteka.com>  said:

> If the page is set to the proper charset, there should be no problem
> clicking the link. If you are saying that some user may set the improper
> charset so that the links won't work, that is total non-sense because if the
> user cannot view what is on the page or cannot UNDERSTAND what is on the
> page(the chinese viewing a Korean page sample), then why is that user ending
> up looking at that webpage...

1) There have been many times when I've been searching for something, and found
what I needed on a page that had *SOME* English and *SOME* Korean.  Just because
there may be some characters on the page that I can't decode does not mean the
page is totally useless to me.  Your mail showed up tagged as ks_c_5601-1987 - if
you had put some Korean characters in your signature, they may or may not
have rendered correctly.  But I still understood your message enough to see
the link to 'w!.neteka.com'.

2) Babelfish.  Can of worms there. Enough said.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer