Re: [idn] Moving Towards UTF8 vs ASCII(ACE) Forever

On Mar 20, 2002, 21:52 (-0500) Edmon Chung <edmon@neteka.com> wrote:

> An underlying question we must ask ourselves from all the discussions that
> have sprung up every now and then is:
> Do we wish to
>
> 1. eventually move the DNS towards UTF8/16 OR
> 2. do we want to stay with ASCII(ACE) for the rest of our lives?

No, we do not have to ask that question now. The group moved the four
drafts to the decision of IESG. The drafts has not defined any end
transfer from ACE to anything else.

If the drafts are accepted as RFC:s, anyone can raise the question of
updating some other solution by submitting a draft.

Right now, we can do nothing but wait for the decision by the IESG.

Mats

Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>