Re: [idn] WG last call summary

> Furthermore, the IETF specifications that allow 7-bit software should be
> fixed as soon as possible. Do you disagree with this?

> Or do you want these bugs to continue to plague programmers in 10 years?
> 20 years? 50 years?

I'm having trouble understanding why we're still using these old
protocols. Does a standardized transparent (in the "binary" sense of the
word) mail protocol with built-in support for multi-part messages exist?
Then why isn't it being implemented all over the place?

It would make things a whole lot simpler: no UTF-8 or MIME encoding of
international characters would be nessecary (use Unicode), binary
attachments would take up significantly less space and Unicode IDNs could
easily be supported.
--
Thor Harald Johansen