RE: [idn] Expected handling of labels

> It provides safe deployment of lowercase IDNs, and allows uppercase to
> be safely added later _if_ that turns out to be a good idea.

I don't agree with that approach, I think uppercase should
be allowed, since it is allowed for ASCII.

But maybe one should reconsider the use of *case folding* and
instead just *map to lowercase* (in the 'default' way; not
localised for Turkish/similar nor for Lithuanian).   This
recognises that domain names most commonly are written in
lowercase anyway, and also allows for the distinction of "ss"
and sharp s, as well as the distinction of (the *different* letters)
i and dotless i (and similarly for Lithuanian), IF the domain
name is written in lowercase. Note also that there are several
(Latin) letters that do not even have ANY uppercase form (used
for IPA/similar).

		Kind regards
		/kent k