Khmer and Hangul (was: RE: [idn] last call reminder - Hebrew)

> a script-level issue. (Someone mentioned the Khmer inherent vowels
> U+17B4/17B5; that might be similar, but I'm less convinced
> because they are apparently only used for phonetic transcription.)

Note that the Khmer "INHERENT" (no, not 'inherent', there are no
characters for those) vowels are invisible, and should normally not
be used.  But if they are, they cannot be seen (except in "view
invisibles" mode).

> Unlike TC/SC or other language-specific equivalences, mapping out
> Hebrew and Arabic points is absolutely trivial to implement, trivial
> to specify, and makes sense for all languages using the
> affected scripts.

Likewise, mapping *out* Hangul compatibility letters (which are not
as trivial to map properly to conjoining Hangul jamo) and mapping
letter cluster Hangul jamos *to* their constituent letters are trivial
to implement.  Doing the latter is also in accordance with the
desing of the Hangul script, *not* doing so *goes against* the design
of the Hangul script.

		Kind regards
		/kent k