RE: [idn] WG last call documents

> > To make this work, we need ONE stringprep plus ACE.
> > One that can be used on ALL labels in DNS.
>
> We have been through this subject many times. STD13 binary domain names
> and i18n host names are fundamentally incompatible. One specification will
> not suffice.

Clearly. So is this:

"IDNA-aware applications MUST be able to work with both
non-internationalized labels (those that conform to [STD13]
and [STD3]) and internationalized labels."

going to go away from the IDNA document? It is misleading. Or maybe replaced
with:

"IDNA-aware applications MUST be able to work with both
non-internationalized ASCII labels (those that conform to [STD13]
and [STD3]) and internationalized labels."

(where ASCII should be replaced by some other definition since 0000..0020
and U+007F are prohibited by Nameprep-07; unless Nameprep is changed to
allow them since ToASCII now has an explicit "hostname" step).

YA