Re: [idn] Interesting links

Sorry, Doug,

When you mentioned the two numbers 4 and 6, I think you are talking about the
average number of characters and average number of characters with variants per
label. However,  a domain name is composed of several labels. Let's consider your

example. Then, a domain name would contain more than 10 characters each with at
least two different codepoints in Unicode as long as it contains 3 labels. You
see,
this is exactly the case in which we have more than 1,024 equivalent Chinese
domain
names.

-- Janming

DougEwell2@cs.com ¼g¤J¡G