Re: [idn] Internet Draft - Phased Implementation for IDNA

Hi Kenneth,

> And I think the answer is clearly no.
>
> The problem, of course, is that the very term "Simplified Chinese
> code point" is unclearly defined.

The term "Simplified Chinese code point" need *not* be clearly defined
as this stage.  At this stage, we are simply leaving the door open by
prohibiting some code point and letting as much as possible move
forward.  Most likely that will get more support from this WG then
prohibiting *all* the HanZi.

> But don't get me started on gui1,
> as I might have to start talking about turtles... ;-)

No...no..., please do not start the turtle thing...
(For those who are not fimiliar with the Chinese language, a Chinese
word that starts with turtle is a very very bad word.)

Thanks,
Ben