Re: [idn] Please do not pass an IDN document which you know will cause conflicts and chaos

At 08:37 AM 2/5/2002 +0800, Edward Chuang wrote:
>I¡¦ve recently come to know that IETF is about to release drafts on
>IDN standards, and to my regret, I found that the document does not solve
>problems for Chinese domain names.  And this defect in your drafts

Please review the working group email archive.  It has considered this
topic extensively.  When you can a) provide explanation for the specific
failures to the working group discussion, and b) a viable specification for
solving this open research topic, there might be something to talk about.

The solution you seek can be added to registry administrative policy later.

Until then, please consider that further delay means that there is no
standardized DNS support at all for any characters other than ASCII.

Please consider whether it is better to wait years for a perfect, complete
solution, or whether it is better to do something useful sooner.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464