[idn] Fw: BOUNCE idn@ops.ietf.org: Non-member submission from ["Chien-Ming Tseng" <curtain_tseng@hotmail.com>]

From: "Chien-Ming Tseng" <curtain_tseng@hotmail.com>
To: <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Subject: PROTEST! RESCUE CHINESE DOMAIN NAMES.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 02:00:08 +0800

[Note: there is a series of emails with the exact same content originated
from iis.sinica.edu.tw. I will continue to bounce it to the list until
someone ask me to stop - JS]

PROTEST! RESCUE CHINESE DOMAIN NAMES.

Many Han character variants, also known as equivalent Chinese =
characters, exists in Unicode. A Chinese domain name thus usually has =
many different Unicode representations. As Unicode evolves, more CJK Han =
characters are added to Unicode. It also increases the number of =
variants of a character and the number of characters with variants, and =
thus the number of Unicode representations per Chinese domain name. =20

Though it meets the needs for internationalized domain name of those =
people who uses phonetic characters. However, a Chinese domain name =
service based on IDN WG technology is defective.

We urge the working group to seriously take these cultural differences =
into account. Do not finalize IDN documents without minimizing their =
negative impacts against Chinese domain names.

DO NOT DAMAGE INTERNET COMUNITY IN CHINA AND TAIWAN!

Chien-Ming Tseng
curtain_tseng@hotmail.com
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, ROC