Re: [idn] Re: Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC) Declaration

Dear Scott,
Before I describe how often are Chinese Names written using a mixture of
TC & SC, I explain how the user behavior and the current Input Method
Environment of applicaiton which user would face to.

1. In the user behavior of written Chinese in ones daily life, it is
VERY often of using mixture of TC & SC. I say VERY often here
because it is the user written custom. It is difficult to have a
statistics to describe how often.
2. In the current Input Method Environment of applicaiton, user would
 face to a IME of could type mixture TC & SC very easily. And because
of the custom of using mixture TC & SC, the boundary of TC & SC is
becoming indistinct. It is also difficult to distinguish them by user.

Although it is difficult to give a general statics. But I can offer some
statics of TWNIC idn.tw testbed. In our testbed there are regist erd
27,665 idn.tw Chinese domain name now.

In TWNIC idn.tw testbed, we have make a experiment on a TC & SC set
(U+81FA, U+53F0). May be our experimental statics can used as explain
how often. In the experiment we allow registrants to choose one of the
(U+81FA, U+53F0) if they need in their Chinese domain name. In our
statics, there are 2,311 Chinese domain name choose TC U+81FA and
3,938 choose SC U+53F0

In A Complete Set of Simplified Chinese Characters, there are well
defined more then 2,000 set of TC & SC which are frequently used in
Chinese daily live.

Erin Chen
Scott Bradner wrote:
200202031600.g13G07n19482@newdev.harvard.edu">
Assume Chinese name of 10 glyphs. Each one may take 2 versions,
TC or SC.

how often are Chinese names written using a mixture of TC & SC?

Scott