RE: [idn] stringprep comment 1

At 10:51 PM -0800 1/31/02, Yves Arrouye wrote:
>As for case folding, as soon as one adds a new case mapping in the Nameprep
>profile, one needs to upgrade clients at the same time as servers. Oops.

Could you give an example of this? Why would we ever want to add a
new casefolding rule for a current character? Adding a casefolding
rule for a *new* character should not make a difference because the
new character is not yet stored in domain names.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium