Re: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

In a message dated 2002-01-23 0:21:08 Pacific Standard Time,
huangk@alum.sinica.edu writes:

> Theoretically, 1-1 TC/SC mapping, ASCII uppercase/lowercase mapping or
> any table mapping are all belong to the same computing algorithm. From
> computer science point of view, they are the same algorithm.

Every Latin uppercase letter maps unambiguously to a single Latin lowercase
letter, regardless of context or meaning.  My understanding was that this is
not true for every TC/SC character.  If it is, then please accept my
apologies, but you will also have to convince the rest of the list.

> Your question should address to the souce of the table (1-1 only), not to
> the computing algorithm.

If everything is 1-to-1 between TC and SC, the algorithm is trivial.  I was
talking about the algorithm that would be necessary to do TC/SC conversion in
the case of 1-to-many or many-to-1 conversions.  But, since you say there are
none, I guess we can proceed with implementing the tables.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California