Re: [idn] Determining equivalence in Unicode DNS names

> So, this wg decided that we will use one and only one matching rule,
> just  like we decided to use only one character set. Both of these
> (the rule and the charset) are created in the Unicode Consortium.

The decision of use one and only one matching rule is
at false, because of there is no ONE rule can deal with
hundreds of different scripts no matter how strong it
appears that you defend the stand.

The charset appears in the form of a table, which gives
us a better view of these chars and we have a base
to work with. But when you try to use only ONE rule to
deal with all of the chars, the rule has to be bias for
only one type of script, currently Latin.  If we let this
pass from this IDN wg, then all of us here are arguing
for nothing, as the "Prohibit CDN code points" is the
only way out suggested by Kenny Huang.

Isn't the time for the WG to wake up from the "one rule
for all" scope?

The only way out is to use multiple rules to treat multiple
scripts, where each rule is identified by a tag.

Liana