Re: [idn] AMC-ACE-Z has a name: Punycode

>tedd <tedd@sperling.com> wrote:
>
>>  Is "Punycode" really the name what you want to reflect the end-result
>>  of this groups work effort?
>
>I like the name.

Good -- I'm glad you do.

>Note that only techies will even hear of Punycode (and Nameprep).  Most
>people will speak of ACE.  The IDNA document uses the term ACE all over
>the place, but the references to Punycode and Nameprep are buried in the
>steps of ToASCII and ToUnicode.  ACE is what you get by applying ToASCII
>(which has several steps including Nameprep and Punycode).

ACE is the end result and Nameprep and Punycode, while different, are
contributory. Okay, so outside of me, only techies will ever hear of
the details and I'll keep those secret.

>  > Puny -- meaning of inferior size, strength, or significance; weak;
>>  sickly; ill
>
>ace: a serve that an opponent fails to touch; a hole in one; a pilot who
>has brought down five enemy aircraft; one who excels at something
>
>Feel better?  :)

It's not my feelings that matter. If it don't brother you and the
rest of the idn, then there's no problem. I was just suggesting
considerations that may reside outside of the idn group. Please
excuse my business experience, from my perspective -- perception
matters. If you don't want to capitalize on that, or don't think it's
an issue, then that's fine. It was only an observation and subsequent
suggestion from someone outside your circle.

>AMC

tedd
--
http://sperling.com