Re: [idn] draft-ietf-idn-requirements-04.txt

Hi, all.

From: Zita Wenzel <zita@ISI.EDU>
Subject: [idn] draft-ietf-idn-requirements-04.txt
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:24:50 GMT

> OLD:  [37] The protocol MUST work for all features of DNS, IPv4, and
> IPv6.
>
> NEW:  [2.6] The protocol MUST work for all features of DNS, IPv4, and
> IPv6.  The protocol MUST NOT allow an IDN to be returned to a requestor
> that requests the IP-to-(old)-domain-name mapping service.

 Maybe in the furture, the following case will exist.
 One person who only registers the IDN, without registering the
 (old) domain names. Then according to the suggestion above, it causes
 the PTR record to be null. Is it alright? Is it necessary to be avoided?

 Furthermore, is it necessary to think about if "IDN only" (without
 corresponding old domain name) exists, what will happen?
 Maybe nothing will happen, maybe not.

 I have no idea on both of them right now.

Best Regards

Hongbo Shi