Re: Sending format=flowed

> > 1. flwoed text's citation rule is not familiar with Wanderlust's
> > (SPACE between '>').  It would be better that converter is provided.
>
> I think that Wanderlust's default should be changed -- nobody's using
> the spaces anymore.

As far as I confirmed my received messages, I don't think nobody's
using the spaces anymore.  And, Wanderlust's citation function also
should be modified for flowed text citation if you need automatic
support for flowed text format.

> > 2. I have not tested, but the code seems not to consider text in
> > multipart nor multiple text part.
>
> No, that's deliberate, it stops at the first tagged part.  Starting your
> document with a text/plain tag, will automatically disable the
> formatting.

I mean

> <<mixed>>-{
> Text A
> [[application/pdf; name="A.pdf"][base64]]
> }-<<mixed>>

Text A won't be encoded as flowed text in the above cases.  And then,
in the next case,

> Text A
> <<alternative>>-{
> Text B
> [[text/html]]
> Text C
> }-<<alternative>>
> Text D

only Text A will be encoded.  I think Text A, B and D should be encoded.

> > BTW, format=flowed parameter is not so convinient for Asian languages
> > (such as Japanese) without delsp parameter (described in RFC3676).
>
> Yes, but I don't know how to reflow mixed Latin-Japanese text.

Though I don't know the details, fill-region function would do the
trick in its way.  For better result, I think explicit syntax of text
which is passed to formatter is required.  But too complex rules make
writing text much harder (than writing flowed text manually).

--
Kazuhiro Ito