Trouble with encryption

Hello.

This will likely spill over into other questions, including:
  - what versions I have of various components,
  - where best to obtain WL, and
  - how best to maintain it.

FWIW, according to what appears in *Messages* following C-x C-e,
I seem to have

"GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2014-10-20 on builder10-9.porkrind.org"
"Wanderlust/2.15.9 (Almost Unreal)"

I believe I used el-get to install Wanderlust.

The immediate problem is that a message containing PGP-encrypted
parts is truncated after the first attachment (which is just a header
with "Version: 1".  ISTR that this used not to be how things worked,
but don't have enough encrypted e-mail traffic that I can say when
(or even, with certainty, if) something changed and what could have
triggered the change.

My work-around is to use wl-summary-display-raw (",") and copy the
fragment of interest to another buffer where I can successfully
decrypt it.

Hints welcome.  Thanks in advance.
Niall