Re: Message buffer names

David Maus wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:38:28 +0200,
> John Morris wrote:
> >
> > I second all of that regarding buffer switching; I have often wondered
> > the same thing myself.
> >
> > I generally cut the relevant text to the scratch buffer, but thatʼs
> > hardly a solution.
> >
> > Interested to hear what the reasoning behind the hidden buffer names
> > is,
> >

> They don't clutter the buffer-list. Using the subject might get
> complicated if you've read an entire thread -- it will be hard to
> select the right buffer even if it contains the subject.
>
> Maybe you could utilize ibuffer? Something like:
>
> https://gist.github.com/dmj/722f217b060ad36acae5
>
> Hm. Or maybe even better: Utilize registers.

ibuffer and the use of registers are cool, but require extra steps
when I do a

  C-x 5 2

to create a new frame which I want to hold a message I'm reading - to
refer to for reply, or, more frequently to do other work related to
that message somewhere else on my desktop. Usually, the
make-frame-command displays the current buffer in the new buffer, but
not when the current buffer is a Wanderlust message buffer. Using a
register makes it much easier to get to the correct buffer, but the
extra steps shouldn't be required.

thanks--
Charles