Name and location for ~/.folders file

Hello to everybody.
I've just finished setting up (that took pretty long, unfortunately)
and started to use Wanderlust, but there are some things I just cannot
really understand:

 ― Who had named folder configuration file ~/.folders?
 ― Why is it supposed that name is good and nobody else would want to use it?
 ― And finally, how can I move it to, say, ~/.emacs.d/wl-folders?

The same applies to ~/.wl, I cannot believe nobody thinks its easy to
miss "WL" acronym with, for example, "wireless" (my wireless driver
kernel module is actually called so) or anything from the
list found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WL?

――― Pavel Kretov.