Re: IMAP process hanging Emacs, or just failing

At Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:12:51 -0500,
Thomas Narten wrote:
> You might also delete/empty your cache. I'm pretty sure you can delete
> all of .elmo/cache if not .elmo w/o losing mail.  You could easily
> just move the directory somewhere else temporarily, try things, and
> then restore if it doesn't help.

Indeed, "rm -rf ~/.elmo/cache" resolved the problem.

So, there's a bug in elmo?

> And there are some explicit cache expiration stuff you can do. Poke
> around with wl-summary-delete-cache and the like (all undocumented
> sadly).

I remember having problems with one of the automated cleanup functions in the past. I use rsync to back up my user data, which sets each file's "last-accessed" time, and that makes the automated cleanup fairly useless (since none of the mail files have been untouched long enough to expire).

In any case, thanks for the tip about the cache. WL is working again here!

hjh