Re: wanderlust is sooo slooowww...

Hi,

At Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:07:37 -0600,
Ken Gunderson wrote:

> At Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:12:45 +0100,
> Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ken,
> >
> > > Been using Wanderlust for a couple years now.  Worked great up until a
> > > few months back whereupon searching folders became just plain borked
> > > and checking imap folders dog slow (e.g. 2-3 secs vs. 12-15 secs).
> >
> > Both of these operations are implemented as server-side searches:
> > Wanderlust merely sends a search command to the server, and the server
> > does all of the real work.  If searching has become slow, that has most
> > probably nothing to do with Wanderlust, it's your server being overloaded.
>
> The server is barely loaded, much less overloaded.

I think it does not have anything to do with server load but with the
server software's search implementation and the search queries sent by
Wanderlust. For example some older versions of Courier IMAP didn't
perform searches for arbitrary header fields very well (IIRC).

@Erik: Do you see a chance to ressurrect the old client-side search
logic and provide it on an optional basis? I.e.: How hard would it be?

Best,
  -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6