Re: Saving attachments

Hi Erik.

As you know, I had problems getting this to work a while back (and
your help got things sorted out for me).

Looking back (and just re-verifying what worked and didn't), what I
had to do was add the following to my .wl:

(setq mime-play-delete-file-immediately nil)
(setq process-connection-type nil)

I just went back and verified that both settings are needed. Without
these settings, 'v' is effectively a no-op. The message window says
xdg-open presumably is being called, but I can see that the file it is
being asked to open has already been deleted.

> First,
>
>   (setq mime-view-mailcap-files '("~/.mailcap"))
>
> This needs to be done *before* SEMI is loaded. You can use
> customize-variable for this. Next, use the following (and only the
> following) in your ~/.mailcap file:
>
>   application/*; xdg-open %s
>   image/*; xdg-open %s
>   text/*; xdg-open %s
>   video/*; xdg-open %s
>   audio/*; xdg-open %s

I do not have my own ~/.mailcap, and things work OK using my system
defaults (well, I've probably only really used html/). And presumably
you don't need any of the above if /etc/mailcap (or wherever the
system default is) has the same entries.

When I was trying to figure this out a while back, I played around
with my own ~/.mailcap and it seemed to me like the file wasn't even
being looked at -- changes I made to it didn't seem to have any
effect.

> Finally:
>
>   (setq mime-play-find-every-situations nil)

What is this supposed to do? :-)

It's t for me...

Thomas