Re: Change the algorithm used for highlighting messages

Hi,

> Kazuhiro-san, could you please review the attached patch?

I think wl-highlight-citation-prefix-depth can return 0.  Because face
selection well works with 0 depth.  And I wrote another
wl-highlight-citation-prefix-depth function which enables each
SC-style citations to have different faces (with any luck).

(defun wl-highlight-citation-prefix-depth (prefix)
  "Return the citation depth indicated by the prefix of a cited line."
  (apply '+ (mapcar (lambda (ch) (cond
				  ((memq ch '(?> ?| ?: ?})) 1)
				  ((memq ch '(9 32)) 0)
				  (t ch)))
		    prefix)))

The combination of your jit-lock patch and new highlighting patch can
highlight cited text nicely.  But, highlighting multiple lines,
e.g. text matching with wl-highlight-citation-header-regexp or header
field consist of multiple lines, does not work well especially when
the text modified.

--
Kazuhiro Ito