Re: IMAP setup questions (when using wanderlust)

At Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:13:33 +0000,
Niall O'Reilly wrote:

> At Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:53:48 -0500,
> Thomas Narten wrote:
> > Not quite what I'm looking for.
> >
> > I want to be able to query the remote server and have it provide me
> > with the list of existing folders. I.e., get a full listing of all the
> > already existing folders.
>
>   Curious.  I get a full listing for each account.
>
>   Are you perhaps beginning the specification with '%INBOX:' instead
>   of '%:'.  Based on my extremely limited experience (seriously: not
>   yet measured in weeks) with WL, this is the only intersection of my
>   current conceptual model with the behaviour you describe.
>
>   I hope I'm not being silly.
>
>   Niall

Ooops, you are right. I wasn't doing the "mailbox" component properly.

And now I've figured it out.

For gmail, I just need something like:

   %:thomas.narten/clear@imap.gmail.com:993!/

No need to specify a mailbox.

You can just put a trailing / at the end to get the folder expansion
part to work.

But for my other account, I need something like:

    %Mail:narten/clear@ ... /"

The "mailbox" component piece that follows the "%" is what I was not
understanding properly.

Should have worked without the mailbox part, but just then used my
home directory. But it is probably big, full of junk, and that may
have caused things to break (and return an obscure error) when I tried
to list all the folders...

Thanks!

Thomas