Re: Soliciting clue for teething problems

Hi Niall,

At Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:30:42 +0000,
Niall O'Reilly wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:17:59 -0800, Erik Hetzner wrote:
>
> […]
>
> > It would be really nice if WL didn’t fail silently with SSL problems,
> > but I’m not sure the way to fix that.
>
> 	For an external utility (gnutls-cli or openssl), and provided
> 	distinct exit codes were given for the different failure
> 	modes, WL should test the exit code and warn accordingly.  I
> 	don't know LISP well enough to know whether that's possible.

I’m glad you got everything working!

One of the big problems here is needed servers to test against. So if
anybody knows of public servers that can be tested against that create
issues, if you could send them to me or the list, I can have a look at
improving the error reporting. It would be great if you could also
specify the connection method (openssl binary, gnutls binary, or
internal gnutls) and the OS that causes the issue. We can then try to
figure out how to provide better error reporting to the user when
connections are refused for self-signed certs, overly long cert
chains, etc.

best, Erik
--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.