Re: gnutls error

> I just switched from Ubuntu 12.04 to Debian testing.  Now I can't send email
> from a certain smtp server anymore.
>
> *Messages* shows:
>
> ------------------------8<------------------------
>
> Sending...
> Opening STARTTLS connection to `<smtp-server>:465'...done
> STARTTLS negotiation failed: SN
> STARTTLS
> 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
> *** Starting TLS handshake
> - Peer's certificate issuer is unknown
> - Peer's certificate is NOT trusted
> - The hostname in the certificate matches '<smtp-server>'.
> *** Verifying server certificate failed...
> *** Fatal error: Error in the certificate.
(snip)

I don't know differences between Ubuntu and Debian.  But it seems that
gnutls-cli fails to certificate.  Try below code to ignore the
failure, or install appropriate certificate and use it.  Take care
that you have to modify starttls-extra-arguments for STARTTLS
connection with gnutls-cli.

(add-to-list 'starttls-extra-arguments "--insecure")

--
Kazuhiro Ito