Re: WL displays only header ... no MIME buttons or content (was: Forward: Opinion Today: The Deafness Before the Storm)

At Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:02:17 -0400,
Peter Davis wrote:

> So, I'm wrestling with the fact that some HTML messages (and multipart
> messages with HTML parts) display (via w3m) and some don't. Is there any
> way to trouble-shoot this further?

To follow up on my own post here, some further testing suggests that all
of the cases in which WL fails to display the HTML are using charset
UTF-8, either 7bit or quoted printable.

Unfortunately, there are some cases in which UTF-8 works just fine, so
that's not the culprit by itself. But from a few samples, it seems that
iso-8859-1, us-ascii and windows-1252 all display just fine.

Still trying to figure out what's going on here. One strange thing is
that I get lots of email updates from the New York Times site, and you
would think they always use the same mail parameters. Yet some of these
display and others don't.

Weird.

-pd